As the country with the highest percentage of female entrepreneurs, Ghana’s informal sector has fierce leaders – Hon. Mercy Naa Afrowa Needjan, the President of the Greater Accra Markets Association, gives us an insight into her rise to top leadership and why it is important for women to take up economic space.
About The Author
Felicity Nelson is a feminist and a gender activist and a member of the Domestic Violence Coalition. Felicity has led and ran campaigns on gender stereotypes , gender based violence, the sexual and reproductive rights of women and political representation of women. She is a broadcast journalist who has hosted a prime time feminist radio show and she currently hosts a political talk show on radio in Ghana. Felicity is also the CEO of Ampofua Ghana, a luxury fashion brand.
January 18, 2021
November 15, 2020
November 24, 2020
- “You’re just confused” and other offensive things people say to non-binary people in Kenya
- No, I DEFINITELY do not want to have children
- Work-Life Balance? How Can You Find the Fulcrum
- The move from dependence to independence, how difficult can it be for girls?
- The ‘Friend Zone’ and the Perpetuation of Rape Culture